Ash gourd is so damn healthy that you have to include them in your diet. I love Konkani cuisine's famous ash gourd curries, kuvale puli, kuvale sasam. But this ash gourd salad is so easy to put together and hardly takes anytime & effort to make.
Wondering how would raw ash gourd taste? Well, it tastes delicious. Trust me. I absolutely love crunchy, raw ash gourd. It forever feels cold & is delicious. I'm sure you'll love this salad. Give a try right away.
I'm big on veggies, fruits & healthy eating. I usually make a big bowl of this salad or snake gourd salad or carrot salad or beetroot salad or a protein rich bean-peas salad for lunch. And can I tell you it's the best lunch ever. The most delicious lunch/dinner. 😋 😌 Give them a try and you'll agree with me.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
1. Peel ash gourd. Deseed ash gourd.
2. Finely chop ash gourd & toss it into a mixing bowl.
3. Finely chop washed capsicum. Add it to the mixing bowl.
4. Add salt, pepper, ginger, lemon juice & mix well.
5. Add in curds if you wish.
6. Heat oil in a tempering pan, add in mustard seeds. Once they start spluttering add in curry leaves & let them sizzle for few seconds.
7. Add the seasoning to the salad & mix well.