Started this year on a healthy note and hope to keep up?
How many times have you told yourself, you'll eat healthy now on? Made it your new year resolution?
I'm here to help. You won't have to give up your resolution this time. Here's a delicious salad recipe you can put together in 5 minutes. I'm sure you'll loveeeee this delicious & super healthy snake gourd salad. Yup, snake gourd salad, as in raw snake gourd. Ever had raw snake gourd? I hadn't until I had this delicious snake gourd salad. It's just very easy & quick to put together. It's super healthy too. Give it a try.
Try other healthy salads that I love too:
1. Peel the skin of snake gourd using a knife. Then give it a good wash. Or else snake gourd tastes a little bitter.
2. Here's how we peel snake gourd. Just run the knife over the snake gourd so that the white layer comes off like in the pictures below.
3. Finely chop snake gourd, tomato, capsicum. Add them into a mixing bowl.
4. Add salt, pepper, ginger, lemon juice & mix well.
5. Heat oil in a tempering pan, add in mustard seeds. Once they start spluttering add in curry leaves & let them sizzle for few seconds.
6. Add the seasoning to the salad & mix well.