For the first death anniversary called as varshantik in Konkani & for annual death anniversay rituals called as varshik these are the items usually made as a rule:
4. Varn - Green gram rasam of sorts
5. Payasu - Dessert either of wheat (gova kani) or of rice
6. Khotto - Idlis steamed in jackfruit leaves, alle chutney
8. Phodis - fritters of veggies deep fried - karathe phodi (bitter gourd), Kele phodi (banana), Kanga phodi (sweet potato) or any other veggie phodis are made like brinjal (gulla), goint (pointed gourd) etc are made.
9. Make a saaru if needed for lunch but not mandatory.
10. Umbari - Banana flavoured sweet rice fritters is made in some homes.
Favourite dishes of the loved one passed away are also made.
These dishes are a mandatory.
One urad dal dish, udhache - gharyo or khotto.
One bitter gourd dish, karatheche - sukke or phodi
One dessert with jaggery, godda payasu - gova kani (wheat rava) or seetha (rice)
One green gram dish mugache - varn, muga gashi