Here's a simple soup that's healthy and great for weight loss. Weight watchers, people on diet can drink this healthy soup whenever you're hungry and lose weight!! Hence, it is also called as slimming soup.
The peepramul added in this recipe helps burn calories. And celery used here has almost no calories and is rich in fibres, which keeps you feeling full for the next few hours. Hence, you tend to eat less and in turn don't put on weight.
1. Roughly chop celery, tomato, spring onion bulbs and greens. Peel and roughly dice carrot.
2. Pressure cook them together for 1-2 whistles using 1 cup of vegetable stock and salt to taste.
3. Once you are able to release the pressure of the cooker, let the cooked veggies cool to room temperature.
4. Once they cool, puree them in a blender and keep it aside.
5. Heat oil in a cooking pan, add chopped garlic and let it sizzle for a minute.
6. Before the garlic starts to brown, add in puréed veggies to it and bring it to boil. Add more vegetable stock if required to bring it to the desired consistency.
7. Check and adjust salt, add freshly ground pepper, peepramul and give the soup a good stir. Let the soup simmer for few minutes once it comes to boil.
8. Remove off heat and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Adding vegetable stock is better than adding plain water as vegetable stock has all the drained nutrients from the vegetables and gives a little thick consistency to the soup. Vegetable stock is nothing other than the water in which the vegetables or mushrooms are boiled. But using plain water is just fine if you don't have vegetable stock with you.
Other soups you may like:
Tags: Slimming soup, Soups, healthy Soups, vegetarian Soups, appetizers, healthy recipes, quick and easy recipes, peepramul, carrot, tomato, celery, weight loss recipe