Maggi is every kids favourite. The first thing anybody learns to cook. Bored of all types of maggi?? I was.. My MIL reinvented it... We absolutely love this yummy, soupy noodles she prepares with maggi.. All you need to do is make few modifications and make yummy tasting maggi.
1. First cook potatoes and keep them aside. To do that in a cooking pan, add 1 cup water and it bring to boil. To this water add peeled, finely chopped/cubed potatoes and 1 teaspoon of oil and cook closed until almost done. Oil helps fasten the cooking process of potatoes.
2. Heat a wok, add in 2-3 tablespoons of oil, add in finely diced onions and saute. Add salt to fasten it's cooking and mix well. Saute until the onions become translucent. Transfer them onto a plate and keep them aside.
3. In that wok, add in finely chopped tomatoes, salt and mix well. Cook it until it gets cooked through and soft, more like a paste. Add in 1-2 tablespoons oil and saute to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the wok.
4. In a cooking pan, add about 2 cups of water, salt, sambar powder, red chilli powder, slit green chillies, maggi powder and mix well. You can add half a teaspoon of cumin powder for added taste, a pinch of turmeric powder for health benefits.
5. Once the salt's dissolved, add in cooked, paste like tomatoes, onions, potatoes and mix well.
6. Then add in maggi and cook until done. Add more water if required to get a soupy consistency.
7. If tomatoes are sour, add in a teaspoon of sugar to balance it's tanginess.
8. Serve piping hot and enjoy.
P.S: You can add fresh green peas or any veggies of your choice like beans while making.
Find more tea time snacks recipes here.
Tags: Maggi, Simple, Easy