Raw bananas are so nutritious. They can be made to taste delicious. One easyyy way is to pan fry them easily with just salt & oil. Here's how you can do it.
Preparation Time: 7-8 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1. Peel raw banana. Finely slice them vertically or horizontally.
Keep them medium thin in size not too thick, not too thin. If very thin becomes crispy, if thick isn't very tasty to eat.
Please don't peel it completely. Just remove a tiny thin bit of outer dark green peel, then you'll have nice texture to the phodis. The phodis otherwise will have only the inner soft parts.
2. Add them into a bowl. Add salt enough for those slices. Toss them well such that each slice gets enough of salt.
3. Allow them to sit for 2-3 minutes. They'll take in enough salt by giving out water during this time.
4. Meanwhile heat up a frying pan, season it with oil, keep banana slices on the heated pan.
5. Drizzle oil on top of them. Keep it closed & cook for a minute or two on high heat.
6. Put off the flame & keep it closed for 1-2 minutes.
7. Open the lid, flip all the pieces.
8. Drizzle oil if needed on top of all the pieces.
9. Close & cook on high flame for 1-2 minutes.
10. Put off the flame & keep it closed for 1-2 minutes.
11. You should get nicely cooked raw bananas. Serve them hot. Enjoy kele phodi.
Raw bananas cooked any way are soft while they're hot, harden on cooling down. So enjoy them hot preferably.
You can even chop bananas longitudinally like thsi:
Tags: Ganesh chaturthi, chauthi