Here's a recipe for preparing a fluffy, yummy omelette that looks like a pizza! A very healthy pizza loaded with nutrients. :-) The best breakfast for those who want to get away with their sugar craving and in turn lose weight. Since, proteins take a lot of time to digest they keep you feeling full for long hours. That way you don't feel hungry often, eat less and in turn lose weight.
Omelettes are rich in proteins and make a filling breakfast. When greens, colourful veggies are added to it, you get an extra dose of antioxidants in addition to the proteins from the eggs. Use veggies of your choice while making an omelette and make it even more nutritious. I use mushrooms for more proteins, coloured capsicums, garlic and leafy greens for antioxidants and potatoes for carbohydrates. The potatoes added here should provide you with enough carbs or you can eat this omelette with bread or toast for carbs. Omelette with 3 eggs should be enough for one serving for one person. Try this healthy omelette and enjoy!
Preparation time: 25 minutes
1. Heat up a frying pan, add in 2 tablespoons of oil and saute garlic and green chillies for a minute.
2. Then add in 3 coloured, chopped capsicums and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Next add chopped spinach and mushrooms and saute them for 2-3 minutes. Remove them off heat.
4. Break 2 eggs into a bowl and break 1 egg into another bowl. Add salt, red chilli flakes, freshly ground pepper into both the bowls and whisk them well. Keep them aside.
5. Heat up another frying pan, grease the pan with oil, pour the 2 whisked eggs into it. Set the flame to medium.
6. Then add boiled, finely diced potatoes on top, sauted veggies on top of the cooking omelette. Spread them out evenly. Also, spread out chopped, spring onion greens, evenly on top.
7. Then pour whisked 1 egg on top of the veggies layered on the cooking omelette and cook closed for 2 minutes on medium flame.
8. Meanwhile heat up another pan, grease it with oil.
9. After cooking the omelette closed for 2 minutes, overturn the omelette onto the preheated pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
10. Remove off heat, cut omelette into triangles and serve them hot with chopped fresh coriander on top.
11. Serve with with ketchup/bread/toast if you wish and enjoy.
P.S: Add pieces of bacon, pepperoni if you like them, in step 6.
Find more breakfast recipes here.
Tags: Healthy breakfast, eggs, omelette, recipe for sugar craving, high protein breakfast, healthy pizza, weight loss recipe, kids breakfast