Ash gourd is soooo damn nutritious. If you can't get your little ones or older ones at home to eat the veggie here's a nice way to sneak it into their tummies in a deliciousss way, in a way they'll absolutely love. No fuss, no rejections. I promise.
How is that possible you ask? Make these ash gourd dosas that are so easy to make. They absolutely won't be able to tell they're made using ash gourd. However, the taste of these dosas will depend more on what you serve them with. We at home love a spicy coconut chutney & these dosas.
Ash gourd dosas turn out the softest. Made just like you make field marrow dosas - magge polo.
If you wanna see me make these dosas head over to my Instagram feed.
Preparation Time: 25-30 minutes
P.S: Dosa batter needs to be fermented for atleast 7-8 hours so make the batter the previous night you intend to make dosas.
1. Soak rice for half an hour.
2 Peel ash gourd. Remove out the seeds/part where seeds are attached.
3. Roughly chop ash gourd.
4. Soak beaten rice if it's the thick variety for atleast 10-15 minutes.
5. Grind together ash gourd, beaten rice, grated coconut, salt & rice together into a smooth paste.
6. Do not add any water while grinding. Ash gourd gives out lots of water enough to make a smooth batter. It'll only make your batter watery.
7. Transfer the ground batter into a vessel. Let it ferment overnight.
8. Check & adjust salt.
9. Make dosas the next morning.
10. Heat up a pan. Add oil, a ladle of batter. Spread it just a little if needed. Dosas shouldn't be thin. They should be between thick to medium thick. Not thin.
11. Close & let dosa cook. Drizzle little oil on top & flip the dosa when it changes in colour completely on top. Fry until it's well cooked on other side too.
12. Serve hot & enjoy with or without butter on top along with a spicy coconut chutney.
P.S: if you choose to not use grated coconut use a littleee extra beaten rice to make dosas extra soft.
Tags: healthy dosa, healthy breakfast, kuvale polo, polo, veggie dosa, ash gourd, ash gourd recipe, ash gourd dosa, kumblakayi dose, dose, nutritious breakfast.