Sprouted whole wheat is so good & nutritious that our doc asked my hubby to have 100g of sprouted wheat every day. I had never made or had sprouted wheat. I made some, tasted it & instantly knew my hubby definitely wouldn't eat it. When it comes to eating healthy stuff he's such a fussy baby. I had to figure out a way to shove them under his throat. 😉 I came up with this simple salad that we have fallen in love with ever since. You can happily sneak in sprouted wheat in this salad.
You'll be adding a lot of nutrients to your diet through this salad. Give it a try. You could also replace sprouted wheat with sprouted green gram in this recipe.
I'm still trying out different ways to make eating sprouted wheat interesting. Trying it out with ash gourd, carrots, bottle gourd, corn, green peas etc. Any ideas please send them my way.
If love eating healthy here are some more healthy salad recipes for you:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
How to make sprouted whole wheat:
1. Soak whole wheat for a minimum of 8 hours.
2. Then drain all the water & wrap it up in a wet cloth.
3. Let it stay for another 24 hours. If the cloth dries up, do moisten it to aid the sprouting.
Preparing the salad:
1. In a mix bowl mix sprouted wheat, chopped cucumber, onion, tomato, salt, lemon juice, chaat masala, freshly ground pepper.
2. Sprinkle chopped fresh coriander on top if you wish.