Find links below or see all recipes here.
We usually make these:
1. Kheeri - our transport to heaven 😀🤤 deliciousss rice dish. Main course.
2. Gajbaj Ambat 😋 - a mixed veggie curry - side to go with kheeri. 💗
3. Thoushe sasam 💟 - crunchy cucumbers in a spicy coconut chutney - side to go with kheeri. 💖💓
4. Astami undo 💕 - chickpea flour ladoo 😋😋
5. Panchakajjayas ❤️ any one for pooja - Chickpea (Chanedali) , Chickpea flour (chane pitta)
6. Rice - Seeth
7. Tomato saaru or dalithoy - rasam/dal. 💖
8. Phodis 🤩 - any phodi. Veggies shallow fried or sometimes deep fried. 💞💞
9. Pathrado 😍💕 - colocasia leaves pinwheels.
10. Any randayi - coconut curry. ❣️
11. One type of payasu. 💃💥
12. Some also make chakulis for ashtami.
Moode is breakfast in many homes in Udupi on Janamstami - idlis steamed in screw pine leaves.
Most homes also stick to khotto cuz it is parab. Meaning idlis steamed in jackfruit leaves for breakfast cuz it's festival.