Here's an easy, peesy tomato rasam recipe for bachelors, using minimal ingredients. You don't need to fret & prep. You can make delicious tomato rasam quick with minimal effort this way.
I have a 5 minute tomato rasam/saaru recipe that does get ready in 5 minutes (yup literally 5 minutes) for you. You'll find many more easy, quick bachelor recipes on this blog. There are a lot of other easy, quick saaru recipes on this blog, if you're interested.
Rasam, also called as saaru is a watery South Indian dish. It is eaten with rice for lunch or dinner. In a traditional South Indian meal, it is preceded by a sambar rice course and is followed by curd rice course. It is usually fluid/watery in consistency. Rasam commonly refers to soup prepared with tamarind or tomatoes with added spices and garnish. Here goes a Konkani style, easy, quick tomato saaru recipe.
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Method Of Preparation:
1. Pressure cook toor dal with 1 cup of water, chopped tomato, tamarind for 4-5 whistles.
We want well cooked, mushy toor dal.
To fasten toor dal cooking, pre soak it in water for 30-40 minutes. Then pressure cook it for 1-2 whistles. The longer you soak toor dal, the faster they cook.
2. Transfer cooked contents into a cooking vessel. Add in 3/4 to 1 cup of water, salt, turmeric powder, rasam powder and mix well.
We need a watery rasam, rasams are usually watery in consistency. Adjust the amount of water you add to the rasam/saaru depending on how thick or watery you would like your rasam to be.
3. Bring it to boil. Once it comes to boil, simmer it for 3-4 minutes until all the contents blend in well and rawness of the rasam powder goes off.
4. Check and adjust salt, spice - by adding more rasam powder, red chilli powder if required.
5. Remove it off heat. Then season it.
6. Seasoning: Heat up a tempering pan. Add in ghee, mustard seeds. When they start popping add in dried red chilli pieces (for added spice & flavour), curry leaves and let them sizzle for few seconds. Remove it off heat, add this seasoning to tomato rasam and mix well.
7. Serve tomato rasam hot with steaming hot rice and enjoy! For extra crunch serve some fritters, papads on the side.
Find many more easy recipes perfect for bachelor's.
Find a quick, easy 5 minute tomato saaru recipe.
If you're intrested in other saaru recipes head over to the link.
Tags: Saaru, tomato saaru, rasam, tomato rasam, lunch, dinner, bachelor recipe, easy recipe, GSB Konkani recipe, vegan, vegetarian recipe.