Is is hot where you are? Icy cold drinks that are refreshing are all you need. Refreshing watermelon coolers for perfect hot summer days! Watermelons do make summers bearable! Recipes for watermelon slushie, granita and watermelon drink are here. Will take you only 5 minutes to make these at home. They're refreshing and healthy!!
The easiest drink to make using watermelons is by blending in chilled watermelon cubes with sugar and freshly ground pepper. Serve it immediately with ice cubes. You can also add in a few, fresh mint leaves while blending, for that extra refreshing taste! I love watermelon juice!!
You can also make some slushies using watermelons! They're easy to whip up in a blender, are made with real fruit and best of all are ice cold. You can also add a few herbs for a flavour pop while making these slushies, or some honey to sweeten, or a bit of citrus to give it a kick! Let's get our watermelon slushie on!
Ingredients to make watermelon slushies:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
1. Chop off the watermelon peel, slice it up, deseed and then chop it into manageable pieces.
2. Measure the fruit to make sure you have 1.5 - 2 cups of watermelon in total.
3. Combine the watermelon cubes with 2 cups of ice, sparkling water/soda, mint leaves, honey in a blender.
4. Blend on until the ice is completely crushed and the fruit has blended in.
5. Check the texture and add more ice or more fruit as needed to reach your desired slushie consistency.
5. Pour it into a glass and drink it up! Slushies are best if sipped right away or they lose their slushie like consistency.
1. You can lose the sparkling water and add more ice, fresh fruit to get a sorbet/granita.
2. You can also use normal water instead of the sparkling water/soda to make this slushie all the more healthy & natural.
3. If you use more water then it's a drink, you'll have a watermelon juice to enjoy! Less water makes it a slushie. And no water and just the ice, it gives the consistency of a granita or Italian ice.
4. Sweetners/sugar are optional. You can also swap them for honey.
Other quick fresh fruit juices you can make are:
Fresh fruit juices you can make and store for quite some time are:
Tags: Healthy drink, fresh juice, homemade juices, watermelon, refreshing, easy to prepare, takes minutes, chilled, watermelon juice, slushies, granita