The simplest saaru/rasam you can prepare is this saaru with lemons. It called as limbiye saaru in Konkani. A tangy, spicy, sweet water like saaru with a flavourful seasoning. It is super easy to make and takes only 3-4 minutes in total to prepare. Eat rice with this saaru or just drink this lemon saaru! Perfect recipe for bachelor's and for busy weeknight dinners.
Also, next time you are down with the flu, think of this saaru. It soothes sore throat and lifts your spirits when you're sick & down with the fever.
And while it's raining outside, there's nothing like sipping this rasam and nothing like having some steaming hot rice with this rasam. Give it a try if you haven't & you'll know what I'm talking about.
1-2 tablespoon of jaggery
1 dried red chilli
2 green chillies
1 leaflet of curry leaves
1 tablespoon of oil
1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds
Salt to taste
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
1. Boil 2 cups of water. Add 2 slit green chillies, jaggery (add according to how sweet you like it), salt and bring it to boil.
2. Once the green chillies are a little cooked, put off the flame.
3. Squeeze lemon juice of 1 lemon into a bowl and remove off seeds. Add this lemon juice to the boiled concoction and mix well.
4. Season the saaru: Heat oil in a tempering pan, add in mustard seeds. When they start to splutter, add in dried red chilli broken into pieces, curry leaves and let them sizzle for few seconds. Add this seasoning to the saaru and mix well.
5. Serve this lemon saaru hot with a bowl of steaming hot rice. You can even sip on this lemon saaru while its hot and enjoy!
Find more easy bachelor recipes here.
Tags: Saaru, saaru, lemon, Gravy (Curry and daals), Konkani recipe, Konkani dish, Konkani cuisine, Udupi cuisine, Mangalore food, Konkani food, bachelor recipe