3 months ago Shruthi Shenoy introduced me to wheat pancakes. I've fallen in love with them & made them countless times since then. All you need to make these are 4 ingredients - wheat flour, bananas, jaggery powder & milk. Mix them together & make yummmm dosas.
The best things about these pancakes are
a. they're super easy & quick to make.
b. you need just 4 ingredients to make them delicioussss.
c. they use of leftover bananas that otherwise have to be tossed into the bin.
d. it's so nutritious.
Best for a quick weekday's breakfast, for a lazy weekend, best as tea time snack, for me it's also best dessert to satiate my sweet cravings.
Also, there are many ways you can make them, spruce them up a little. Read on to find out how.
1. In your mixer add bananas + milk + jaggery powder & blitz them up together.
2. Transfer them into a mixing bowl. Add wheat flour as much as the banana mixture can take in. We want it medium thick in consistency. Not too thick. Not watery in consistency.
2. Mix well & make tiny pancakes/dosas on a hot griddle. Cook closed on medium heat for 50 seconds to 1 minute.
3. Flip them when they're almost cooked on the under. Jaggery used makes them caramelised on the under. So flip them early if needed, when the colour on top side of pancakes have changed colour completely.
4. Add oil on top to help them fry. Flip & cook for another 50 secs to 1 minute on medium flame. Serve & enjoy them hot.
Ways to enjoy them:
I love them as-is. I don't need anything with them, they're so delish.
But you can dunk them into honey, chocolate syrup, ghee, add butter on top, maple syrup. Go wild with your imagination.
Spruce up these pancakes:
1. I enjoy bits of bananas in these pancakes. I smash bananas --> add milk + jaggery powder --> mix --> add wheat flour --> mix well & make pancakes. You get pieces of bananas in the pancakes. Tastes so yummmmm.
2. You add dry fruit powder while making them for your little one to up their nutrition.
3. You can flavour them using cardamom powder if needed.
4. You can also add honey or vanilla essence if you wish to the pancake mix.
If you're looking to use up leftover bananas here are 3 other recipes you can try out.