This raw mango gojju and rice are all you need to make your tummy happy. :-) It's simply delish and is out of this world. Everyone, I've cooked this for till date has absolutely loved it. It's been a super hit with everybody. It's that one dish you instantly fall in love with.
This raw mango gojju is spicy, tangy and yum! All you need is 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep to make this. Eat this gojju with rice and you won't ask for anything else.
This raw mango gojju is called rambana or mavinakayi rambana (mavinakayi means raw mango in Kannada) in Kannada. I loveeee this simple ambuli gojju (ambuli means raw mango in Konkani).
Love mangoes? Then you're in for a treat. Here are some more easy raw mangoes recipes just for you.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3-5 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
1. Peel and roughly chop the raw mango.
2. Cook the raw mango pieces with salt, 1/2 cup water in a cooking vessel on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
3. While it's cooking, soak crystal asafoetida in 2 tablespoons of hot water so that it melts and dissolves completely.
4. Once the raw mango pieces are almost cooked, remove them off heat. Keep them closed for 5 minutes so that they cook through. Then let them cool down completely.
5. Once cooled, grind them along with green chillies into a smooth paste.
6. Transfer ground raw mango into a bowl, add salt if required, crystal asafoetida melted in water, coconut oil and mix well.
7. Dilute this gojju if required to the consistency you desire by adding water. I usually keep this gojju semi-thick in consistency.
8. Serve this gojju with hot rice and enjoy.
1. You can also cook raw mangoes with their peel on. The peel will also get ground along with the cooked pieces of raw mango.
2. You can pressure cook raw mangoes too. But raw mangoes cook fast on a stove top, so you can save time by not pressure cooking them.
3. If you are in a hurry & need this dish ready in no time, then cook it through until it's cooked & little soft. Then bring it down to room temperature under a fan & then grind.
If you are a raw mango fan then here are some more raw mango recipes for you.
Find more Konkani cuisine side dishes here.
Tags: Raw mango gojju, ambuligojju , mavinakayi rambana, Konkani dish, Konkani recipe, Konkani cuisine, Udupi cusine, Mangalore food, bachelor recipe