This puffed rice snack is perfect for 4pm craving, perfect tea time snack, perfect midnight snack that doesn't add extra calories, is healthy & yum. Takes only a minute or two to make too. Grab a packet of plain puffed rice, spice it up the way you wish to. Options below.
This snack was usually made by granny when there was some leftover puffed rice that had become soft, lost its crispiness. To revive them, use them up, granny made this snack within a minute.
Use fresh puffed rice or leftover soft puffed rice that you want to use up to make this snack.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cooking time: 1 minute
1. Heat oil in a wok.
2. Add smashed/sliced, peeled/unpeeled garlic.
3. Fry until it just starts to brown.
4. Add pieces of dried red chilli. Fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add curry leaves + turmeric powder + salt.
6. Allow them to just sizzle, add in puffed rice.
7. Mix well. Saute for a minute. Put off the flame.
8. If you're using old soft puffed rice that you want to use up then fry them for an extra minute if needed to get them crispy.
9. Allow it to cool down so that puffed rice gets crispy, enjoy after 3 minutes of making. Crunch, crunch, crunch, crisp, crisp crisp, munch, munch, munch.
10. Store in an airtight container ifffff it remains.
P.S: For added taste use onions, red chilli powder or anything you wish.
While making for kids add ground nuts, fry them along with garlic in step 2 for added proteins.
Tags: kids snack, brunch, tea time snack, 4pm snack