Have guests coming over and need a quick dessert? This rava kesaribath with or without pineapple is the easiest and the quickest to make.
Kesaribath is a popular sweet dish of Karnataka. Kesaribath is served as a breakfast and as a dessert too. Kesaribath is delicious dessert. You can add pineapple to kesaribath and with every bite you get an amazing taste and flavour of pineapple along with delicious kesaribath.
Kesaribath is paired with upma or kharabath for breakfast and the dish is called chow chow bath in Karnataka. A very popular breakfast combo in Karnataka.
Kesaribath is prepared using semolina so it is also called rava kesaribath or sheera. Pineapple kesaribath is also known as pineapple pudding. :-)
Skip the pineapple in the below recipe and you have kesaribath, the most famous sweet dish of South India. All the steps mentioned below remain the same. Enjoy rava kesaribath or sheera with or without pineapple in it.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
1. Skip the pineapple in the below recipe and you have kesaribath, the most famous sweet dish of South India. All the steps mentioned below remain the same. Enjoy rava kesaribath or sheera with or without pineapple in it.
2. Increase the amount of sugar you add if:
3. If your pineapple is too sour I suggest against using it as it’ll make kesaribath too sour in the end.
4. You can add pineapple essence if you wish but I love kesaribath without the essence, also I get to avoid additives.
5. Cook pineapple and then add it to semolina or else it will be crunchy & won't cook enough, when cooked along with semolina. It takes lot more time than semolina to cook.
Tags: Pineapple kesari, kesaribath, sheera, pineapple sheera, pineapple pudding, pineapple kesaribath, Indian dessert, quick dessert, rava kesari, Karnataka tiffin, Karnataka breakfast, GSB Konkani recipe, vegan, vegetarian recipe, South Canara Konkani recipe, Konkani cooking, GSB Konkani cuisine.